On 09.02.2012 19:07, Casper Wandahl Schmidt wrote:
Hi List

I have a quick question (I hope).

I'm using mod_jk to forward from Apache httpd 2.2.8 to tomcat 7.0.20
(Ubuntu 8.04). I think I saw something on this list some time ago but
can't remember what it was really about (the real issue was not want I
want to do).

So I want users to access my webapp from xxx.yyy.zz and then have
apache/mod_jk to change it to xxx.yyy.zz/myapp

According to
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/proxy.html I have
to manipulate headers but as far as I remember there was something about
ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse. Are they only available to mod_proxy or
mod_ajp?

Yes, those can currently not be combined with mod_jk. Sorry.

I don't want the app to become ROOT since I have another app that should
be running as ROOT. I thought about making seperat host's in server.xml
but I dont like the fact that I need to restart tomcat each time I need
to add a new host so I thought I might achieve want I want by letting
apache httpd take care of that part.

You might want to look at the host-manager webapp.

Regards,

Rainer