Debbie Shapiro wrote:

How do you start Tomcat when you start it "manually"? How about when
you schedule a restart?

I either directly run the .bat command or launch the scheduled task that
normally runs the same .bat command.

The contents of the .bat file is as follows:

sc \\bidev2 stop Tomcat7

taskkill /F /FI "IMAGENAME eq java.exe" /FI "USERNAME eq NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM"

Now wait..
I am not so familiar with these Windows commands, but do I see above
a) a command to stop the Tomcat service
b) a command killing java.exe ?

REM delay batch job to wait for services to stop

for /F "tokens=1-4 delims=/- " %%A in ('date/T') do set DATE=%%B%%C%%D
for /F "tokens=1-4 delims=:., " %%a in ('time/T') do set TIME=%%a%%b%%c

cd c:\"Program Files"\"Apache Software Foundation"\"Tomcat
7.0"\webapps\sree\WEB-INF\classes
rename sree.log %DATE%_%TIME%_sree.log
rename schedule.log %DATE%_%TIME%_schedule.log

cd c:\"Program Files"\"Apache Software Foundation"\"Tomcat
7.0"\webapps\sree\WEB-INF\classes
compact %DATE%_%TIME%_sree.log /c
compact %DATE%_%TIME%_schedule.log /c

and c) a series of command tending to indicate that this application puts its logfiles inside the "classes" directory ? (not fatal, but at least bizarre)

sc \\bidev2 start Tomcat7

cd c:\"Scheduled Jobs"