Hi all.

  I'm trying to utilize the common/lib and shared/lib directories on
Tomcat 5.5.25.  I have a few separate apps that were each using many
of the same JAR files, so I have been moving them down to shared &
common lib (DB stuff went to common/lib, the apache commons modules &
others went to the shared/lib).  I was doing testing as I went along
-- but I never went to look at the logfiles for my webapps.  I'm now
noticing that they aren't getting anything anymore.  I haven't changed
anything aside from moving the JARs around.  I'm using the Apache
Log4j Logger in my classes.

  I have:
shared/lib:
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
commons-logging-api.jar
commons-logging.jar

common/lib:
apache-log4j-extras-1.0.jar
log4j-1.2.15.jar

each app has:
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
commons-logging-api.jar
commons-logging.jar

I'd like to avoid rolling back to how everything was, with a lot of
repeated JAR files all over the place.  Has anyone run into a similar
problem and found a decent solution?

Any help/tips are appreciated.

Thanks!

-- Chris