I'm a linux guy stuck in a MS world :)

> You should
> 1. Create a separate 'Unmanaged' application pool for isapi_redirect 2.
> Disable
> recycling for that pool 3. Have multiple vhost mapping inside
> uriworkermap.properties instead
>     having multiple configuration files and instances for each vhost.
> 4. Use a single process for that pool.

Okay I can see that
Our original thinking was if we separate prd and uat, they could not affect
each other.

Say for example right now where I want to test the new connector
I have tested on dev, but the spec of the machine is not the same as the
prod/uat setup

I can't have separating logging all the prd/uat/sim will go into 1 set of files

Apart for the separation of prod and testing Minor.

> You can eventually have two separate pools (one for testing and other for
> production)
>

> > And I would presume the Shared Memory would also be shared between the 2
> ?
> >
> > Quote from the doco !
> > " The ISAPI redirector can read it's configuration from a properties file
> > instead
> of the registry. This has the advantage that you can use multiple ISAPI
> redirectors with independent configurations on the same server. The redirector
> will check for the properties file during initialisation, and use it in
> preference to
> the registry if present."
> >

> If something is possible it doesn't mean you should use it in production and
> in all
> cases.

:) true, but I don't believe the above is true on IIS/Windows.
The think I am unsure on is how the connector uses the shared memory
If its index (?) by the name of the worker thread or loadbalancer name then
there will be a problem.

I have the same config in UAT and PRD.. and thus the same worker names and load
balancer names

If its worker name and dest server ip  (this I believe to be more likely) then
it should be okay...

> > You can't do this with the IIS connector and with multiple processes (web
> gardens)!
> >

> Again, you should think 'differently'
> Entire IIS worker process recycling is meant for handling crappy .NET
> applications with memory and resource leaks.
> isapi_redirect is proxy, nothing else, nothing more.

Yep understand, it was out tool for invoking this bug, as it also happened upon
reboot of the server or restart of IIS