On 22/03/2012 14:14, Torsten Krah wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 22.03.2012, 17:43 +0400 schrieb Konstantin Kolinko:
>> 2012/3/22 Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i am using tomcat 7 to run my servlet 2.5 webapps.
>>> Im Tomcat 6 it was possible to tell the Context via
>>> "disableURLRewriting" that i want to track session only via Cookie.
>>> This parameter is removed and doc tells me to use
>>
>> It was not removed.  It was never present in 7.0.
>
> Ok, than it was never ported ;-).
>
>> It is a recent addition that was done to 6.0 only (issue 49811).
>>

>>> <tracking-mode>COOKIE<tracking-mode>
>>>
>>> at session-config element in web.xml.
>>>
>>> But this is not a valid attribute there in a 2.5 webapp.
>>>
>>> I am unable to switch to 3.0 yet. So how to disable URL rewriting in
>>> tomcat 7 with a 2.5 webapp?
>>>

>> You can edit site-wide defaults  (conf/web.xml).
>
> I am unable to control this site-wide default. I am not allowed and even
> if i am to do, i may break other apps.
> Im Tomcat 6 you can control it via parameter, in tomcat 7 you can't
> control it for apps which are not Servlet 3.0, right?
>
> So i am going to open a new feature request, correct?

You can, but it will be closed as WONTFIX. The reason it was only added
to 6.0.x was that that in 7.0.x there are other ways of achieving the
same result and supporting this additional option as well would result
in some unnecessarily messy, hard to maintain code.

If the 7.0.x options don't work for you, why not use 6.0.x?

Mark