Hello and thank you for your answers.

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote
> why don't you just write a simple file-fetching servlet? They are
> dead-simple to write
This looks very interesting.

André Warnier wrote
> you probably do /not/ want bots to be able to point directly to the
> documents uploaded by users
Yes indeed. Thanks for pointing this out. I was just speaking in general.

André Warnier wrote
> Presumably, it is via a POST, to a servlet you have created.  That servlet
> knows where to store the files that are uploaded, via some parameter which
> it reads somewhere.
Yes.

André Warnier wrote
> Christoper's (and my own) suggestion is to create a similar servlet that
> serves to download the files, and which would use the same parameter to
> know where to download them from.
Again, it looks very interesting. Maybe it's what I've been looking for from
the beginning.

To @André Warnier: Thank you for the two references "Automatic Application
Deployment" and "Single Sign On".

If any of you two can post the code of the file-fetching servlet, it would
be great.

Thanks and best regards.