More on this, now I think it is some configuration issue for the tomcat server:

I am using eclipse to check both JSP files, and they work without any problems in my PC. When deploying to Tomcat 5.5.35 to a sub-directory like de project name
they also work fine. For example at www.domain.com/Test1/prg1.jsp and
www.domain.com/Test1/subdir/prg2.jsp.

If I copy them to the main directory with a shell command:
cp -pr * .. from the Test1 directory and undeploy the Test1 application
then only www.domain.com/prg1.jsp works and but the second one,
www.domain.com/subdir/prg2.jsp gives me the same (500) error:

/prg2.jsp(26,0) The value for the useBean class attribute jdbcbean.Stringbean
is invalid.

Is this like a BUG ? Or perhaps something about the Java version ?
I have the following version running on a CentOS release 5.8:
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode)

Hope this info help a little more to find a solution.