I solved my proble in the following way:

Renamed Test-03 to ROOT.war
Deleted the /WEB-INF folder in the appBase directory AND all other JSPs (inluding sub-directories)
Changed the server.xml file deleting the following context element:
<Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase="/home/domain/public_html" debug="1"/>

Still have the context element for the manager:
<Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
       docBase="/usr/local/jakarta/tomcat/server/webapps/manager">
</Context>

If I delete it, I cann not access the manager for that virtual host.

So I see the following directories in the appBase (public_html) folder:

images
index.htm
ROOT
ROOT.war

I can access:
www.domain.com to see static index.html
www.domain.com/prg1.jsp calling the class Stringbean
www.domain.com/subdir/prg2.jsp calling that same class

I hope this is correct way ?

Before this configuration I allways worked with different distribution:

images
index.html
prg1.jsp
subdir (subdir/prg2.jsp)
WEB-INF

I hope to read any comments from your side

Chris.