2012/4/20 Dilip Shah <dilipvs...@hotmail.com>:
> Hi Konstantin,
>
> I checked all the jar files I added to common/lib and none of them have
> log4j.properties file at the root location.

The log4j.properties that you cited in your first mail - it is in your
app's WEB-INF/classes?

Where is log4j**.jar ? Is there one copy of it, or several?

Do you have log4j.properties in Tomcat's common/classes?

Are any log files created in the logs folder, or everything is written
to the console (that is catalina.out) ?

Try changing log format in your log4j.properties file  -- to make sure
that it is this file that has control and not some default elsewhere.

BTW, log4j project:
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko