Salut Jeff,

Current Overlay support with tomcat6/7:run is very limited (only use
jars from WEB-INF/lib of the the war dependencies).
Perso, I use maven-dependency-plugin to extract war content (see
sample in this pom [1] ).
I agree it's "hackhish" :-) and having a better support as in the war
plugin could be better.
But didn't yet have any time to work on that. (can you create an issue
for that ?)
As my goal was to cut a release soon (ideally starting release process
next week, I'm not sure I will have time to work on that)

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

[1]