2012/5/3 Todd Seidenberg <todd.seidenb...@gmail.com>:
> (..)

+1 to what Pid wrote.

> My previous efforts to do this resulted in a BLANK page when I tried
> hitting the manager app - so any help would be appreciated.

Blank page means that there is no ROOT web application deployed on that host.
You are likely hitting a wrong URL and there is no default application
to display user-friendly 404 page for you.

Anyway, a lot depends on how your "standalone" Tomcat actually
operates. If it is close to standard distribution, then changing its
configuration should be easy.

If it is "embedded" Tomcat where all configuration is done
programmatically by whatever starts is, then you are out of luck,
because configuration files will be irrelevant.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko