<snip>

> INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor manager.xml
>
> Good.
>
> > As you can see, the manager descriptor is deployed - and sure
> > enough the standard manager.xml file is created in
> > /usr/local/confluence-4/conf/Standalone/localhost.
>
> Good.
>
> > However, I still don't get the manager app.
>
> Bad. You mean you get a 404 Not Found?

Thats correct. I get the:

HTTP Status 404 - /manager/html message.

Very strange.

> It doesn't look like you are using anything in front of Tomcat like
> httpd, are you? Do you have more than one <Host> in your server.xml?

There is only one <Host> in my server.xml. We are currently running the AJP
connector in the server.xml, and have httpd utilizing that connector to
talk directly to the tomcat, but this is only for the convenience of
redirecting a meaningful http address into the actual tomcat URL. We do not
rely on it.

Weird, huh?