On 17/05/2012 07:11, Michael Ravits wrote:
> Hey Pidster,
>
> This is the tag I've used:
>
> <Context
> aliases="/img/images=/home/michaelr/images,/img/thumbs=/home/michaelr/thumbs"></Context>
>
> It could have been a permissions problem but I gather that if docBase
> works, this must work as well permission wise.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> 2012/5/17, Pid <p...@pidster.com>:
>> On 17/05/2012 06:41, Michael Ravits wrote:
>>> Hi Everybody,
>>>
>>> I just can't get this to work.
>>> Installed Tomcat 7.0.21 on ubuntu 11 using apt-get.
>>> I deployed ROOT.war and then went on to configure aliases.
>>> Tried adding the attribute in:
>>
>> Obvious question: what exactly did you try?

>>> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml

This applies to the default context and seems to work OK on my install.
Can you try using a fresh download from Apache?

>>> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/context.xml

This would only work for an application called '/context'.
If your app is called something else, it won't work.

>>> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Catalina/localhost/context.xml.default
>>> $CATALINA_BASE/conf//context.xml

I don't know if it works in the default context, but I'd assume not - or
at least that it's not such a good idea to set it for all Contexts.