I'm trying to convert my app to use the preferred catalina base and home
deployment.  I understand that this allows for easier migration between tomcat
versions, etc.  As a point of reference, I'm reading about how to do this in
Tomcat: The Definitive Guide.  Also, I'm dealing with 5.5.35, if that matters.

I have one question.  I understand that the separation of the core tomcat stuff
from my instance stuff is good.  But the book says to copy the entire conf
folder over to my instance folder ( CATALINA_BASE/myapp/conf ).  Isn't this
copying a bunch of tomcat version specific stuff that I'll have to sift through
when it's time to migrate?  Will I be able to just upgrade CATALINA_HOME and
not upgrade all of that copied conf stuff as well?

Thanks,
Chad