I am using MongoDB through the Java driver allowing up to 100
connections to the MongoDB server.
I also use DBCP with a max size of 50 JDBC connections.
My webapp uses about 150 JAR files.
There is no native libraries loaded from my webapp as far as I know.
All the app is pure Java code.  (Nevertheless, Tomcat is using the
Tomcat Native Library)

Is there a way I can monitor the number of file descriptors in use by the app?

I have monitored the number of threads, but I haven't seen anything
unusual. (but it could be that the burst is too fast to get catch by
the monitoring tool)

-Jorge

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Christopher Schultz