Interesting question. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that
Apache Derby (Java DB) is shipped with Glassfish. :)

Since I started as a Glassfish 3.1.x user, Apache Derby was what I
initially used when I developed my database and JSF web app via Glassfish
and Derby, and still using Derby with TomEE, even though others advised
against it.

Looking forward to the committers' response to this one. :)