Greetings,

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We discussed it on dev list and we ship the same db in openejb and tomee
> and derby is slower than hsqldb which is nit acceptable for tests.

I'm not immune to that kind of argument, I think things should be very
easy/fast to build and test for developers. It's just that I am
listening to David Blevins talk about how TomEE uses all Apache
componentry [1] and it is intentional and also something which is
generally a Good Thing.

I think the TomEE 2.x series would be a natural place to
re-investigate using all Apache components again.

[1] http://jaxenter.com/apache-tomee-javaee-6-web-profile-on-tomcat-47873.html