Hi Mathias,

8080 is the default for Tomcat, therefore also for TomEE. If you do nothing
TomEE will run on that port. It seems that there is an Apache httpd in
between TomEE and the user. It would probably mess the request process
making tomcat complain about it. I would suggest to change the firewall
rules a bit and open the port 8080 too, so you can access the webapp.

[]s,
Thiago.

Ps.: I'm working on a new version of the webapp that does not use
websockets (cute but not necessary for our app). It should be ready this
week. I will ping you once I have it done.