I am putting resources.xml in the WEB-INF Folder, with a resource
configuration.

<Resource id="jdbc/localDB" type="javax.sql.DataSource">
               JdbcDriver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
               JdbcUrl jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/localdb
               MaxActive 100
               MaxIdle 30
               MaxWait 10000
               UserName username
               Password password
        </Resource>

Unfortunately, tomee single mindedly tries to load the hsqldb and then
report a vague issue

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: user lacks privilege or object not found:
USERS
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

If I put the resource in the tomee.xml in conf folder "Sometimes" it works.

Environment: Windows 7 ; Eclipse : Tomee 1.5.2

Tested as a war on tomee 1.5.2  - the error still exists.

A similar problem is reported here
http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/Unable-to-configure-MYSQL-resource-in-tomee-xml-td4659538i20.html
and here

- any ideas? Resolutions?