i like to do a lot of research and reading and trial-and-error, so HA-JDBC
fell in that category for me. honestly, i don't need it, and I remember
others expressing their concerns about avoid clustering, if not necessary.
this case, cluster of databases would definitely slow down my app. my app
is already 'highly available' to meet requirements.

i'm sure I can do more tuning of database, database access, and some (more)
caching to improve database-access performance in my app. i do not have a
need for replication at all...right now.