Jose' can advise on this when he gets some time. Jose' is doing EARs + CDI
+ TomEE for some/many months now.

Jose', please advise on this topic at your earliest convenience.

I think Jose' had to use BeanManager and had to use the JNDI name specified
in the tomee/catalina log when tomee starts. I could be wrong.