hmmm, create -> edit is useless?

I guess you are saying that after i 'create', even though I am adding a
related entity (e.g. tree 'has' branch).

create(tree)

Branch branch = new Branch(1)
tree.addBranch(branch)

so, you are saying that the edit(tree) is not necessary? is that the cause
of the issue that i experience when I remove entityManager.flush() ?