On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> what I say is you can do eveything in a single method method.

Sounds like you are recommending something similar to the following:

1. @RequestScoped bean to get data to display in UI layer to enduser

2. If user modifies data, and data is submitted from client/UI to
server/bean (@Session/ViewScoped/RequestScoped), then pass modified @Entity
from Session/View/RequestScoped bean to @Stateless @EJB, and

3. @Stateless @EJB method(@Entity entity) does the following:

a. find entity via SELECT or find
b. foundEntity.property = entity.property
c. repeat step 'b.' above for all properties
d. edit(foundEntity)

are you recommending something like this (above)?

> The fact you need flush means your operation need a state provided by the
> database (@GeneratedValue?).

public class AuditTrail implements Serializable {
    @Id
    @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.IDENTITY)
    @Basic(optional = false)
    @NotNull