In one application I developed I add json-p RI as dependency in Apache
TomEE and I had no problem, of course this means Apache TomEE has become
not Java EE 6 certified but something in the middle, but it works, probably
as Romain said you can do something similar to Apache CXF, but instead of
adding cxf as project dependency they should be add to /lib directory (and
removing previous apache cxf jars).
Anyway because of classloader I am a bit sure that if you add them as
project dependency it would work as well, but you know when you have
different versions of same API on classpath you can get some unmeaningful
errors.