But I'll try to at least write down the pitfalls, workarounds and hopefully solutions on my way. I'm still hoping I will not be the only one joining the project and trying to contribute, so a kind of shared Wiki maybe good for this.

cu
Jens

Am 25.03.2024 um 11:39 schrieb Bart van Leeuwen:
Hi Jens,

I would be extremely grateful if you could document your experience and
lessons learned somewhere

Met Vriendelijke Groet / With Kind Regards
Bart van Leeuwen

From:   "Jens Zurawski" <j...@diegurus.de>
To:     users@tomee.apache.org
Date:   25-03-2024 10:41
Subject:        Re: Question: Can I donate to an Apache project? (was Re:
Will Tomee be discontinued ?)

Hi Richard,

oh, that sounds like a lot of "fun" ;-)

Thank you, that you shed some light. So this definitely can't be done by
the way and one has to focus a significant amount of time without
interruption in order to make some positive progress. Not impossible it
just makes it a bit harder to find suitable time slices especially as a
newbie because I have no clue how high the hill is I have to climb.

But just lamenting around will not help in any way, so I think I will
try to dive into this project and see if I can be of any help. If not I
will have wasted some time at most. It's worth the try.

I'll continue my "questionary" on this in the dev@ list then. But it'll
take some two or three weeks until this, because I have some other nasty
deadlines in sight the next weeks.

cu
Jens