First, my thanks to you Bill, for something I'd been long looking for, a
Web interface to tinydns that "just works".

I'm running an odd hybrid over here.  Personally I like to work with
tinydns in a text editor, and I use a pre-processor on my data file.
For the sake of others, I've installed VegaDNS and have moved some
domains into its database, necessitating the appending of the VegaDNS
data at the end of my pre-processed data just before running
tinydns-data.

For the sake of my particular setup and to make VegaDNS's response in
updating the back-end more responsive, I've modified src/records.php so
that it does

        touch("/home/vegadns/_update");

any time just after updating DNS records.  That's all I need to pick up
the fact that DNS data has changed in VegaDNS within a matter of
seconds, and trigger a rebuild.  (for me, that's a good thing)

What I was wondering was if I could persuade you to add a hook like

        example_update_hook();

in all the appropriate places?  Then by placing that function in
config.php, it would be possible to trigger site-specific code whenever
VegaDNS changes DNS records, without modding src/records.php each time.
I imagine that ability might be useful to others as well.

- Ron