Brian wrote:

Ok.. (like you didn't know this was coming.. )

Where would I find out how to do it?

hostname *.blah.domain.name
type A
address 192.168.1.200

gives this error:
 "*.blah.domain.name." is not a valid A record name

when I use \*.blah.domain.name I get this error:

"\\*.blah.domain.name." is not a valid A record name

the tinydns-data page looks like it's an A record.

where would I be able to find that information on how to add a wildcard entry? I didn't see anything in the archives.

Thanks in advance

I just tried with 0.9.7, the only version I have installed right now.. and it works. The sanity checking in 0.9.8 may have broken wildcards. I'll have to look into that later today.

Regards,

Bill