Thanks for the response.  Yes I am using Wicket 1.3 Beta 2.  I First mapped
the WAR at root, and let everything fall through Apache with JkUnMounts
(i.e. JkUnMount /images default), but the issue is I could not solve the
problem of I did not want / served by wicket.

Basically it comes down to this.  I cannot seem to make a reference to
Wicket page on a path www.mydomain.com/myapp  from my static home page
www.mydomain.com because the relative path is "/" .  I need the Wicket
components to render under /myapp even from requests coming from / .