Yes I see your point and you are absolutely right but please consider
that a lot of companies (included mine) have been using Spring MVC for
a long time and there are a lot of projects already in production
using that technology and working fine with the IT infrastructure now
available.

Of course IT architects and managers want to know which impact a
change can cause also to be able to perform the correct actions during
the migration (more ram, improving the clusters, firing developers
because with Wicket things are simple... :-) ).

Ciao,
V.