It's not a simple thing. A huge amount of time (both for
implementation and testing) went into the current modal window library
to make it work as cross-browser as possible. Unfortunately, I wasn't
aware of all the exotic use cases people want so the library is rather
monolithic. There is a rewrite on my to-do list that would split the
modal window into pieces (mask, basic window, style, etc.), but it's
not really a high priority.

-Matej