Ok well I think I'm going to abandon this for the meantime and just use an indicator and a modal semi-transparent overlay over the site. I don't really have the time to learn cross-browser javascript!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matej Knopp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@wicket.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: Centering ModalWindow during scroll?

It's not a simple thing. A huge amount of time (both for
implementation and testing) went into the current modal window library
to make it work as cross-browser as possible. Unfortunately, I wasn't
aware of all the exotic use cases people want so the library is rather
monolithic. There is a rewrite on my to-do list that would split the
modal window into pieces (mask, basic window, style, etc.), but it's
not really a high priority.

-Matej