Why don't you want session sticky load balancing?

How does none sticky sessions work then? If there are 2 request comming in
then wicket makes sure
that the page is access in one thread. So that the page is not changed by 2
threads at the same time
Does your application server lock over the nodes when there are 2 or more
request comming in from the same client?
If not how does it then sync up again? How does it "merge" the pages?

johan