Igor Vaynberg wrote:
On 10/2/07, Stanczak Group <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
New person question here. I just started using Wicket, but I don't
understand how to pass values to other pages. Can't seem to find
examples. Here's what I setup so far, but it doesn't seem to work. Just
started using Wicket yesterday.

        @Override
        protected void onSubmit() {
            StudentInformationPage page = new StudentInformationPage();
            page.setVisitDate(visitDate);
            setResponsePage(page);
        }

what you do there is fine. what exactly doesnt work? also i find it helpful
to do this in the page constructor instead of a setter because it makes
things a bit more explicit.
Ya, I just found a good tutorial page. Here's what I'm doing now.

       @Override
       protected void onSubmit() {
setResponsePage(new StudentInformationPage((Student) getModelObject()));
       }

Also, how do I put something in a application wide session. Like a login
id?

create your own subclass of WebSession object and add a private long
loginid; into it with a setter and getter. then in your subclass of
webapplication override newsession(..) and return an instance of your
subclass. then it is available anywhere, just cast it:

((MySession)getSession()).setloginid(..); or
((MySession)Session.get()).setloginid(..);

-igor
Why would I need to override the WebSession? Can't I just use it as is?

--
Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing."
Edmund Burke

Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group