If I create my own request cycle, then what class do I extend? RequestCycle, WebRequestCycle or... ? RequestCycle requires you to implement other methods? Is there a wrapper class?

Stanczak Group wrote:
I'm not for sure what to use. I tried to override the newRequestCycle() but I had trouble understanding it. I'm doing something like what DataBinder does, but with 1.3. DataBinder seems to be 1.2. Either way I'd rather use my own. Does anyone have an example of providing my own request cycle, or is there an easier way?

Sam Hough wrote:
I think it is setup with ThreadLocal so you can get it easily with
RequestCycle.get(). You can also provide your own version from
Application.newRequestCycle which might be more what you need to hook in
start/end events.

Stanczak Group wrote:
How can I access the request cycle so I can open and close a Hibernate session on each request?

--
Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing."
Edmund Burke

Justin Stanczak
Stanczak Group