I am sure there is a more elegant way than what I am doing so I thought I
would throw out the following question.

I have a List that displays a date in one of its columns.  If that date is
null, nothing is displayed...fine and dandy.  However, when applying a style
to the table, aka border to that cell, nothing will show up because the td
element has nothing in it.

Currently I am placing   before and after  tags to ensure that the td
element has something in it.

Is there a more elegant way to do this, i.e. Wicket way?

Thanks