Hi Thomas,

> The javadoc pretty clearly says that this is "useful for debugging and
> so on...". What lead you to believe this would always return a
> user-readable string?

actually, I stumbled over this, too. I used StringResourceModel for
IChoiceRenderer- and IOptionRenderer-Lists (where one assumes String within
getDisplayValue/getIdValue). Now I have to do an

if( obj instanceof StringResourceModel )
  return( ((StringResourceModel) obj).getString() );

whereas for all other cases I just return 'toString()'.

This wasn't a nice surprise actually.

Regards, --- Jan.