> > I GET your point, but what about scenarios where one has regular objects
> > (e.g. Person) mapped as a model using CompoundPropertyModel on a page,
> > wouldnt it be reasonable to access/use the same object (which would
> > already be stored in session since its part of the page)..rather than
> > storing it seperately ?  to access it at other pages..

objects that should be shared over multiply request and pages should just be
stored in the Wicket Session object.

If you don't want the complete object in it. then store the id (in wicket
session) and make your custom request cycle load that once
for the request so that you could use it where ever you want