A development team I did some work with (in a top 5 investment bank) today
asked me to give them a 1 hour intro to Wicket on Friday morning. I have
been telling them it's the way to go for a while and they have finally
"found" an opportunity. I want to make sure I use that hour to best effect,
for them and for Wicket.

The goal is to give them enough of an intro to painlessly get started on
their evaluation, armed with some high-level understanding of how to do
things in Wicket.

They have not used Wicket at all but they all have good web-app experience
and some have a lot of Swing experience too (in fact we were working on a
pretty powerful Swing framework for Credit Risk apps when I was there a
couple of years ago). They will probably want to use Wicket for some
internal support/monitoring/maintenance apps to start with.

So ... what do you think I must NOT omit in my 1 hour talk.

I will unfortunately not be able to help out with their upcoming projects,
but I'd quite like to help them make the right choice of web-framework
anyway because they're nice people and they deserve to give Wicket a good
chance.

Regards - Cemal
http://jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend.co.uk

PS I expect to be asked to do this (or similar) for at least 2 other banking
project teams in London and 1 software house over the next few months. It
seems that more and more people I have been telling Wicket about are
gradually becoming receptive to the idea of starting upcoming new projects
with something smarter than their existing frameworks.