1. All code is Java, which enables end-to-end refactoring and gives
you clean html.

2. Composition enables reuse.  When I took a panel and moved it from a
tab on a page to a modalwindow on the page by changing a couple of
lines of code it made a big impact.

3. Components have session state.  Hence the content of the session is
determined by what components are on the page -- and further the
session is cleaned out as components leave scope.  (And if state is
kept in url parameters then session is not used, in case anyone
complains about session size.  State must be somewhere, no?)

4. Simple AJAX and nice integration with JS libraries such as Dojo.

5. i18n: resource bundles, component-level, page-level, application-level

6. Behaviors: What about a tab-order-preserving behavior to keep
tabbing between fields from multiple panels sensible?  That's
(relatively) easy.  What about a content-copying behavior to copy the
purchaser's first/last name from the first item to all other items?
That's easy too.  This is because everything is Java, including how
components act and how state (models) are maintained.

I would focus on 1, 2 & 3; then give a quick look at some code that
shows 4, then just mention 5 & 6.

- Scott

On 10/30/07, jweekend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nick,
> In fact that's why someone from jWeekend first wrote to you in May when you
> were coming to the UK. I can imagine that there'll be lots to do in 2008/9
> for jWeekend and Wicket end-users.
> In the meantime, after I tell them about you, what else must I NOT omit ?
> ;-)
> Regards - Cemal
> http://jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend.co.uk
>

> Nick Heudecker wrote:
> >
> > The ONE thing you must not omit is telling them that I provide Wicket
> > consulting.  :)
> >
> > On 10/30/07, jweekend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>

> >> A development team I did some work with (in a top 5 investment bank)
> >> today
> >> asked me to give them a 1 hour intro to Wicket on Friday morning. I have
> >> been telling them it's the way to go for a while and they have finally
> >> "found" an opportunity. I want to make sure I use that hour to best
> >> effect,
> >> for them and for Wicket.
> >>
> >> The goal is to give them enough of an intro to painlessly get started on
> >> their evaluation, armed with some high-level understanding of how to do
> >> things in Wicket.
> >>
> >> They have not used Wicket at all but they all have good web-app
> >> experience
> >> and some have a lot of Swing experience too (in fact we were working on a
> >> pretty powerful Swing framework for Credit Risk apps when I was there a
> >> couple of years ago). They will probably want to use Wicket for some
> >> internal support/monitoring/maintenance apps to start with.
> >>
> >> So ... what do you think I must NOT omit in my 1 hour talk.
> >>
> >> I will unfortunately not be able to help out with their upcoming
> >> projects,
> >> but I'd quite like to help them make the right choice of web-framework
> >> anyway because they're nice people and they deserve to give Wicket a good
> >> chance.
> >>
> >> Regards - Cemal
> >> http://jWeekend.co.uk jWeekend.co.uk
> >>
> >> PS I expect to be asked to do this (or similar) for at least 2 other
> >> banking
> >> project teams in London and 1 software house over the next few months. It
> >> seems that more and more people I have been telling Wicket about are
> >> gradually becoming receptive to the idea of starting upcoming new
> >> projects
> >> with something smarter than their existing frameworks.
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Nick Heudecker
> > Professional Wicket Training & Consulting
> > http://www.systemmobile.com
> >
> > Eventful - Intelligent Event Management
> > http://www.eventfulhq.com

Scott Swank