I agree..and i would say its mostly the nature of the applications which
would help determining whether storing the data in the wicket session would
be a good idea or not...

Further i believe that 99% of the times one just comes to the need of
accessing the last page-instances (lets say through back button link or
otherwise doing a refresh if on the same page)...i still couldnt think of
scenarios where the older page-instances (which are being serialized) would
come to help...If someone could discuss/point some of those
sceanrio/use-cases..that would be helpful..and would be able to better
justify the wicket's default behavior of serializing.

Thanks and Regards,

Farhan.