Hi,

It's not hard to do it with Wicket, but I'm fairly sure that
for the typical web-app, the metrics showed that the a re-request to
database wasn't a big issue, whereas the gain in terms of reducing the
session size was, especially where it needs replicating.

As such, the recommendation is as it is, but it's not
one-size-fits-all, and if you have a large enough percentage of
non-DB-cachable operations in the DB-layer, you can store the results
in the session, etc, without much of a problem.

It's not going to be so built-in as to be trivial, though, as we want
to make it clear that anyone doing that is going against the flow.