Correction.   It is not the wicket code that is having a problem...it is the
YUI code that does not like the wicket:id tags.  All the wicket code (menu2)
does is create the html that YUI recognizes.  At the browser, there is no
wicket stuff going on.

As far what the problem is with regards to the wicket:id tags...that is
going to be tough to debug.  I haven't debugged javascript code before and
not sure what "good" debugger there is to do this. However, I will take a
look to see if anyone else in the YUI community has had problems.

Did you get the wicketstuff examples to work?  I checked in the application
class with the appropriate setting change.  That should work for you and
serve as a working example.

- Doug