Depending on the component you use to display the list there are a few
differences in putting it all together but generally you should create
a bean containing all your filter options. you can then pass the bean
to your query and adjust it accordingly.
If you use a ListView or DataView you have to make your own form to
capture input for the filter, if you use a DataTable then that can be
done automatically for you.

Maurice