I'm sorry. My mistake... :-$

I was making wrong assumptions about the internal behavior of the
CGLIB-generated object. I assumed I could use the Eclipse debugger and look
at the internal variables of the object, but this is of course wrong, since
it's just a proxy and the data is stored elsewhere.

I inserted log-statements instead of using debug, and now it seems to be
working perfectly fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.