Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> The auth-roles project is basically an example, so the fact that you
> copied
> it, is a good thing (tm). Even though it is sufficient for a lot of
> projects, if you need anything beyond the current capabilities, then
> rolling
> your own is the way to go. Or use Swarm/Wasp from Wicket Stuff

Well, auth-roles meets nearly perfectly my current needs and I use it, but
had to
*duplicate* quite some code in a subclass (i.e. overriding a method,
copying the original code except one line or so). That's a bad thing IMO.

I agree that auth-role is an add on and I could do it my own way.
The core wicket extensions points are more than sufficient for that.
But even a good example like auth-roles could be improved sometimes ;-)

Don't get me wrong, the current situation is ok for me because it works.

bye ...

...roland