Hi Martijn,

Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> Take a look at wicket-auth-roles. This provides the usual security stuff,
> and you can easily also check for a set cookie. Just implement your own
> authorisation scheme.

Thanks, this was exactly the pointer I was looking for
(i.e. the hook via IUnauthorizedComponentInstantiationListener as used in
AuthenticatedWebApplication)

However, there is a slight glitch.  There is not way to provide a
automatic sign in since this can be only be done via
signIn(username,password) on AuthenticatedWebSession. It would be
possible if AWS.isSignedIn() wouldn't be final, so one could
dynamically check for the cookie (and not only for a previous occured
manual authentication).

The solution I've chosen right now is to set an own
UnauthorizedComponentInstantiationListener in my
AuthenticatedWebApplication which copies over 90% of the existing
functionality. This is certainly not an ideal solution.

In general, I'm a fan of final methods, too in order to restrict
unwanted extension points, but for AWS.isSignedIn() it would be
probably a good idea to allow overriding or at least to provide and
additional hook to relax the restriction to work with manual
authentication via AWS.signIn() only.

If you don't mind, I would like to open a JIRA issue for an RFE
(with some more code examples).

Thanx again for the hint (and for this great framework in general ;-) ...

... roland