Hi David,

I'm not able to tell you the intention of the PropertyModel.
My guess for coding to your spec in 1.3 would be:

IModel languageModel = new AbstractReadOnlyModel() {
  @Override
  public Object getObject() {
     return getSession().getLocale().getLanguage();  }
};

in your special case you probably could do this too:

IModel languageModel = new PropertyModel(this,
                "session.locale.language")));

But than your 'readonly' intention might be not that clear.

martin