Ok, I found it and it was my fault. I leave it here so that anyone
experiencing this same problem can know:

The problem is, this applicacion I am developing was Struts-based before,
and there was an "index.jsp" page in the root of the web application (which
of course had rendered useless with wicket, but I forgot to delete it).

When I did a request to the "/" of my webapp context, Tomcat noticed that no
servlet applied to that URL, but that I had an index.jsp standing there
which is the default "welcome file" name. I hadn't configured this in
web.xml, but anyway that seems to be a standard name and a page with such a
name will be considered welcome file even if not explicitly configured in
web.xml.

When this happened, Tomcat automatically set the "servlet path" (returned by
request.getServletPath()) to "/index.jsp" instead of "/", which is what
would happen if that file weren't there.

And from then on, having "/index.jsp" as a servlet path, everything went
wrong, as Wicket was not able to compute the paths for resources or CSS
files correctly...

Hope this helps someone.

Regards,
Daniel.