I think Session has also the responsibility of verifying if a component can
be instantiated.

But anyway, I'm asking all these questions because I'm hunting a memory leak
in my application and I've found that after running a 120+ tests selenium
test suite I've 20+ sessions still in memory retained by Jetty (e.g. active
sessions in the web container) and I'm wondering if that's a problem or not.
I've understood now that I have no way to control that, everytime a user
opens a page in a wicket app a new Session is created just for checking if
that user can instantiate components, regardless of wether the page is
stateless or stateful and also if the user has never signed in the site. Is
it like that?

-Roberto