But in regards to your stateless page problem.
Not only must the page be stateless, but also every component on the
page. A form is not stateless, so you should use a StatelessForm on
your login page.
Also if a RestartResponseAtInterceptPage occurs (which is likely if
you either use wicket-auth-roles or wicket-security) the session must
be made non temporary to store the original page so you can later
return to it.
A couple of ways of avoiding this is to:
- set the login page to the homepage
- make sure all users access the loginpage directly instead of coming
from the homepage (which sees the user needs to authenticate and
throws the exception to redirect to the loginpage)

Maurice